Thursday 16 February 2012

Surprise Birthday Cakes

There's nothing better than a surprise birthday cake if you ask me... It's just great seeing the expressions on people's faces when you produce a wonderful cake to them in their birthday when they're not expecting it, even better if it is for your family or very close friends too!


Now, there was a surprise cake on Saturday for my brother-in-law's 40th birthday celebrations, there were also Strawberry Daiquiri & Tiramisu cupcakes too... I think he & the rest of the family were suitably impressed, if I do say so myself they all looked & tasted fabulous!!!


I have been planning an extra special surprise cake for my bestie for a few weeks now, this has caused me sleepless nights & concern about how it was going to turn out, but I've impressed myself with the result - yes I know he follows & reads my blog, but he knows he is getting a cake... Just he has no idea what & I'm not letting any spoilers creep out, so you'll just have to wait for later Jason!  Evil bestie, Mwahahahahahahaaaaa!!!


Along with bestie's cake I've been decorating another surprise cake, which I cannot divulge any information about as the recipient has no idea at all that I am aware & that's how it will stay until the time comes to unveil the surprise... I can't wait though as the cake looks amazing!!!


I have another cake to do for another birthday next week too, though I won't get to see the face of that recipient... I'm sure it will be a picture though & I hope they will be happy with their cake too!


February sure has been a busy month cake wise, but it is flying by so fast... I suppose that's the problem with the shortest month of they year (although being a leap year we're getting an extra day) - I wonder what cakey delights I will have to do in March?!

No comments:

Post a Comment