Monday 11 July 2011

Weddings, Charities & Birthdays...

Well it is all go in my little cake world, since July started I haven't really stopped!  The first weekend was amazingly busy, but the events that went hand in hand with the cakes were amazing in themselves.  I first had a very chocolatey Hen Do cake to create for my friend Sam's hen do, then I had the 2-tier Wedding Cake & 100 x Cupcakes to create for my friend Louise's wedding, finally I had a birthday cake to create for my son's 10th Birthday!  See the pictures for the creations for the 1st, 2nd & 3rd of July:


This is Sam's Hen Do Cake, I think she really, really liked it as While I was out at my regular night off at Karaoke I received this text: Thank u so so much for my choc cake.  Love the pic and sparkles.  Amazing.  Thank u x 

Above are the 100 x Wedding Cupcakes, boxed & ready to be transported for the event...





The 2-tier Wedding Cake with Bride n Groom figures & Del Boy's Reliant (supplied by a friend)


 100 x Cupcakes on tower with bridal bouquet














My Son Cameron's 10th Birthday Cake, Dr Who themed as requested by him!




Now, as if that was a busy week?!  Last week I had a Charity event, Belle's Boutique which was in aid of Cancer Research organised by a good friend of mine Nicholle... she had asked me a while back if I would have a stall with Cupcakes on, to which I agreed as it was for a good cause after all & in memory of her mum.  So again I had a fairly hectic cake week as I also had a 10" Birthday Cake to make for a friends brother's 30th birthday party.  I made 96 mini cupcakes & 68 regular cupcakes for the charity event, these then had to be divided up & packaged.  36 mini cupcakes went on my 2-tier cupcake plate stand, the remaining 60 were boxed in packs of 6 then tied with a cute cupcake ribbon.  The 68 regular cupcakes were boxed in 4's, again topped off with a cute cupcake ribbon - I then inserted business cards under each ribbon!  A big THANK YOU to a wonderful young lady Miss Megan Gunn (my friend Debbie's daughter) who hand-crafted me some wonderful Cupcake themed bunting for the event with my trade name So·phis·ti·cakez!  It was a very busy 3 hours & I am awaiting the final amount raised for the charity to get back to me.


Beautiful Bunting Meg =)





This week, I have a birthday cake & cupcakes to make for Thursday for a very special friend of ours & Friday I have a small birthday cake to make for my friend Aisling's boyfriend... it's all go at the moment, but it's great =)

No comments:

Post a Comment