Monday 13 June 2011

My first Cakey blog!!!

Hello blog followers...


I thought it was about time that I created a blog solely for the purposes of my ever growing cake business So·phis·ti·cakez!  Now I say business but that is only cause it keeps me so busy... You see, I make cakes for family, friends & friends of friends from my humble little kitchen at home.  However, I do one day hope to expand this as a business & set up professionally one day & hopefully be able to convert my garage (or afford an extension) to transfer it into a separate baking kitchen in which to create stunning cakes & cupcakes for a wider audience!


So what is currently happening in Lynda's Little Cake World?!  This week I have a Father's Day Cake & a Little Girls 7th Birthday Cake to make both for good friends of mine that come back time & time again for my cakes... I like to have returning clients, it makes me feel like I am doing a good job at what I do.


The Father's Day cake is being picked up tomorrow evening, yes I know it's early but this was the clients request so who am I to argue?!  They are having a victoria sponge with vanilla buttercream & strawberry jam filling which will then be regal iced & decorated perfect for Dad!


The 7th Birthday Cake is being picked up Wednesday morning & is a chocolate sponge with chocolate buttercream filling & will then be regal iced with a personalised character icing topper - the client has requested High School Musical as a theme for her daughter, I just hope Lily likes it... although knowing the reactions of her siblings when they have received one of my cakes her face is sure to be a glowing picture =)


I also have another Chocolate Cake to make maybe this week if I can find time, it's a little thank you for my dear friend Elaine... we've known each other for years (since secondary school) but are ever so much closer these days & while my husband was away in France last week, she was my saviour of sanity so I promised her a chocolate cake & I keep my promises!!!


I have been busy planning a Wedding Cake enquiry today, these always take a few hours work as I like to make sure everything is perfect for the bride & groom... I am thankful to my very close friend Alison for promoting me to her friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment